Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Someone You Love

I had no problem deciding what I would photograph for last week's photo challenge at A Step in the Journey.  The challenge was to shoot someone you love.  Okay, I just re-read that sentence and it sounds so morbid!  Haha!  Anyway,  you all know what I'm talking about.  :)

If you haven't yet guessed who I photographed then you are obviously new here...and you haven't read the title of my blog.  :)  Yup, I decided to snap Pacen!  Well, I had a hard time getting this done.  I wanted to get a shot of Pacen doing something he loves.  He loves to hunt and this past weekend was the last couple days of deer season (in Nebraska) and he was busy hunting.  So I drove on over to Harrison and spent the weekend with my family.  Well, Pacen and Gimpy were always gone by 5:30 in the morning so I had to wait til they came back for church to get a picture.  Pacen was in a silly mood so here is what I got.  Not great photos, but definitely Pacen.  :)


 
He looks pretty good in hunter orange, doesn't he?  Okay, okay, maybe I'm slightly biased.  :)  Here is a shot of Pacen and my dad aka Gimpy just before they headed back out after church:

It's amazing how quiet the house is when Pacen isn't around.  :)  Mom and I watched a movie and visited with my sisters and next thing we knew it was dark and almost 5:30.  Pacen had a science project due on Monday and hadn't even started it yet so we were beginning to get antsy.  About 6:00 some headlights started coming up the drive.  It was Pacen and Gimpy and that is when chaos broke loose!

Pacen had shot a doe literally three minutes before his time was up.  We had to hustle around to get pictures and call the check in point that was located 30 minutes away to make sure the guys had time to drive down and check the doe in that evening.


Meanwhile, Pacen somehow managed to get blood ALL OVER himself (except his face).  It almost looked like he had rolled in the darn thing!  He came in the house and Gammy aka my mom, about freaked.  Being a boy he always had to touch everything and she absolutely did not want blood all over her house.  I totally don't blame her.

Well, we finally got Pacen and Gimpy sent to Crawford to check in the deer and we sat down to experiment with Pacen's science project...NOT do it, just make sure his idea would work.  Then it happened.  Raine noticed that Jackson, mom and dad's Jack Russel Terrier, had blood on his head.  Well, Pacen had tossed a piece of gut onto the driveway and Jackson got into it and then he smeared blood all over the carpet!  What a mess!  So, needless to say, this could be Pacen's first AND last deer.  Haha!

Head over to A Step in the Journey and check out some of the other entries.  I highly doubt you see as much blood in other posts as you saw in this one, so go look at all the nice pictures and get this nasty bloody sight out of your minds!  :)




"This is a part of the country and a state where it's unusual if a child doesn't grow up going out with dad and granddad to hunt deer, using a very powerful weapon. It's unusual sometimes not to see kids out in a group that might be wearing camouflage." ~ Bill Sadler

post signature

No comments: