Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday Wishes!

This week's Wednesday Wishes are Thanksgiving themed!  I am sad to say that I don't have very many Thanksgiving pins.  Why does Thanksgiving always get skipped over?  I mean, I know most people enjoy a nice big meal with their families/friends, but I don't think anybody really recognizes it like they should.  Are they not thankful for what they have?  Are they really in such a big hurry to drag out all the lights, trees, and decor that go with Christmas?  What is the deal?

Before I show you my Thanksgiving wishes/likes/loves/etc. I am going to list some of the things/people I am thankful for.  This doesn't nearly cover my list, but I don't think you have all day to read about everything I'm thankful for!  :)

Pacen!  Okay, well duh.  :)  I am so thankful to have this high-spirited, strange, dirty, boy in my life!  Without him I wouldn't have accomplished near as much as I have.  I feel my life would be dull and meaningless if he weren't here.  He keeps me on my toes, he drives me insane, he blows my mind, he makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he makes me shake my head in wonderment.  He is an amazing individual and I cannot wait to see what the rest of his life brings...to him and me! 

My Job!  So it is pretty well known that I am not a big fan of my job.  I have shed way too many tears over my job and it has caused my blood pressure to skyrocket on numerous occasions, but without this job I wouldn't have been able to buy my house and I wouldn't be able to live the comfortable life I do.  I am lucky that they were willing to give a 20-year-old, somewhat uneducated, single mom a chance. 

My Parents!  My parents have been so helpful.  Not just with Pacen, but with everything.  They have been very supportive of me and most of my decisions over the years.  Anytime I need anything I know I can call them.  They have held me up through some hard times and helped create some great times! 


Sisters!  We yell at each other.  We know exactly what to say to get under each other's skin.  We laugh together.  We make fun of each other.  We have secret jokes.  We protect each other.  There is nothing like that sisterly bond.  It is made with so many emotions and can be very overwhelming at times.  

FWB!  He makes me laugh.  He makes me mad.  He has a way of calming me down when I am upset, be it at Pacen, him, or anything.  He likes my cooking.  He is willing to do almost anything I ask of him, whether it's washing dishes or babysitting Pacen for a couple of hours.  He has stuck around through some questionable and hard times and he doesn't judge me based on some of the things he has learned about me.  He and Pacen get along great.  He is much more mature than you would imagine based on his age.

Friends!  I have many friends and I am very lucky to be able to say that.  My friends are amazing and although I don't see them as often as I'd like or talk to them as much as I should, they know that I am there for them if they need anything and vice versa.  I am so glad to have had so many great times with all my friends.  We've danced our asses off into the wee hours of the night.  We've laughed so hard we fell off chairs. We've had to hold each other's hair :)  We've cried on each other's shoulders.  Although some of us may grow apart we will always have great memories to look back on.

Well, I guess now I'll get on with this week's pins.  Here you go!

                                                    Source: my.yahoo.com via Brooke on Pinterest

How adorable is this relish tray?!  I wanted so bad to have Pacen make this for Thanksgiving this year, but my aunt is bringing the relish tray.  :(  Boooo.

                                         Source: chocolatecoveredkatie.com via Brooke on Pinterest

No-Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Pie!  This sounds absolutely amazing!  I might have to try to make it!

                                                       Source: picky-palate.com via Brooke on Pinterest

Cinnamon Toasted Pumpkin Pie Tarts!  These look so good.  They would be fun to make for Thanksgiving day breakfast!

                                                 Source: bhg.com via Brooke on Pinterest

           
I love this wreath!  It's perfect for Fall/Thanksgiving and I imagine it would be pretty easy to make.  Next year I'll have to send extra money with Pacen to the pumpkin patch so he can buy me some colored corn. 

                                               Source: eatdrinkbewell.blogspot.com via Brooke on Pinterest


So true!!!  Everyone needs to see this cartoon!! 

Well, I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!  Enjoy the time with your family and friends!  I know I will.








post signature

No comments: