Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Childhood Memory

Once again I am behind.  Imagine that.  :)  As usual I have been super busy, with Pacen activities, Rawhide Wrestling things, holiday stuff, etc.  When will things slow down?  Probably when I'm 6 feet under, which I'm in no hurry to be, so bring on the hectic-ness.  (As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I like to make up my own words.  Deal with it.)  :)

Okay, so on with the show.  The theme for last week's photo challenge at A Step in the Journey was "a childhood memory".  It just so happens that when I was at my parent's over Thanksgiving break I was standing by the back door and I noticed something in the backyard.  Of course, this was before I remembered that we would be doing a childhood memory themed challenge in the coming weeks, and I am so glad that something told me to grab my camera and take a shot.  This picture definitely fits the "childhood memory" theme.

It's mine and my sister's old yellow wagon!  So many memories with this thing!  My Grandpa used to pull us around in it and when we got older we pulled each other and random toys around.  Obviously it is now used to pull around Pacen's trucks.  Haha!  I'm so glad it's still being used though.  It sure is a tough wagon!  :)

 I like this black and white version too.  There is just something serene about this picture.

Well, what are you waiting for.  Head on over to last week's photo challenge and show people some love!  :)



"What we remember from childhood we remember forever - permanent ghosts, stamped, inked, imprinted, eternally seen."  ~Cynthia Ozick
post signature

3 comments:

Kei said...

I love that shot! It works both in colour and in black and white :) You have some great memories just in that one toy, which is awesome :)

Jeanna said...

I love how the light is hitting the snow in the background just right to make the yellow on the wagon pop... Great photo! I'm behind too. Have a great week...

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.com

Laura Beth said...

The snow in the background adds the perfect touch!!